Talk:Last Epoch Wiki/editcopy/Section 2
I like where this is going!
- There's also User:Arborus/MP/Section2 and User:Caseyy also has some very fundamentally different ideas on front page design. It might take us a while to agree on anything... --GeoGalvanic (talk | testspace) 13:26, 27 May 2018 (UTC)
- Well... I'm more or less satisfied with the page as it is now (minus the Crafting and Cosmetics Icons and the backgrounds on the Base Class icons). I'm not too sure where everyone elses thoughts are at this point. --GeoGalvanic (talk | testspace) 00:36, 10 June 2018 (UTC)
- I'm mostly very happy with it.
- I've experimented with removing File:VertDivide.png as I think it looks bad when the classes get split across multiple rows; there's one to the right of Mage, but none to the right of Rogue or to the left of Knight and Primalist.
- Looking at Last Epoch Wiki/editcopy as a whole, I'm not sure how well-balanced the page is; things seem kinda sparse in the right column. I'm tempted to thrown in a fourth box, although admittedly I'm not entirely sure what. I wonder if the Featured Images box on the current version might help round out the page and give the eyes a break from focusing on text all the time. — sarno | TALK | 11:05, 11 June 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, the only way to make the vertical divides consistent would be to but one to the left of the knight, which would probably look weird.
- I'm opposed to the Featured Images box, as the images themselves can only be edited by an administrator. I can code up a DPL which makes a similar slideshow out of the most recent images or the most recent images in a category or with a certain prefix.
- I think I saw where you were going with moving the boxes around, so I moved some more around. At lower monitor resolutions the page switches to a two-column and then one-column layout, which can make things at the bottom of section 2 stand out more than intended. In general the least important stuff should be put at the bottom of section 3 or in section 4.--GeoGalvanic (talk | testspace) 15:03, 11 June 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks; you definitely improved the layout.
- I don't like the idea of it being recent images; I'd prefer for it to be a curated list.
- I didn't choose for the template to require admin rights. Personally I think autoconfirmed would be reasonable - is that acceptable to you? — sarno | TALK | 15:46, 11 June 2018 (UTC)
(reset indent) If you can can set the rights for specifically that template that would be good. I didn't think you could because it's protected by cascading from the main page. It's why I suggested the DPL list with the prefix, you could limit it to images with the prefix FEATURED for example and then blacklist certain user groups from creating files with the prefix FEATURED. If you can set the rights for the template though, that would be easier.--GeoGalvanic (talk | testspace) 16:37, 11 June 2018 (UTC)
I think it'd improve readability to move the skills and passive grids above the mastery classes. As it is, my brain sees them immediately after a mastery class and thinks it's a list of skills unique to that mastery which isn't available to the base class. Reordering the links might lessen the ambiguity. — sarno | TALK | 13:03, 28 May 2018 (UTC)