The Crafting system in Last Epoch allows players to modify most Equipment Items by adding, removing or changing their Affix Shards. Crafting requires equipment, a crafting item in the modifier slot, and optionally an item in the support item slot. Unique Equipment and Set Equipment cannot be used in crafting.
Crafting Interface[edit | edit source]
The crafting window can be accessed by pressing the default key "F".
- Opens a help window that explains the crafting system.
- Indicates the number of available affix slots on the item.
- Name of currently attached affix shards.
- Current tier value of affix.
- Search filter for Affix Shard inventory
- Sort headers for Affix Shard inventory
- Affix Shard inventory, currently attached affixes are colored orange.
- Modifier item slot
- Support item slot
- Fracture chance breakdown
- Instability effects
- Craft button, displayed text varies based on item in modifier slot.
Crafting Items and Inventory[edit | edit source]
Crafting Items can be gathered as loot and they will be displayed with orange text when dropped in the world. When picked up crafting items will go into the regular Inventory. When right clicked in the inventory these items will be moved to a crafting storage space where there is unlimited storage space.
The crafting items are:
- Glyphs - Optional material that can be used in the support item slot on the crafting panel. These are stored in the crafting materials section of the inventory.
- Runes - Material that can be used in the modifier slot on the crafting panel. These are stored in the crafting materials section of the inventory.
- Affix Shards - Material that can add or upgrade affixes on equipment. These are stored in the crafting window.
Shattering[edit | edit source]
When an item is shattered using a Rune of Shattering it is converted into shards. The amount of shards given is random, but can be as high as one shard for each tier of affix on an item. This means that a maxed out item with four tier 5 affixes could yield up to 20 affix shards (5 of each type). However, it will very likely yield less than that. Shards received from shattering are immediately placed into the affix storage in the crafting window.
Upgrading Equipment[edit | edit source]
Every shard upgrades its respective affix by one tier on the item it is applied to. Items can have a maximum of four affixes (2 prefixes and 2 suffixes) and each affix can have up to 5 tiers.
Each time a shard is added to an item, there is a chance to cause a fracture related to the instability and tier of affix being added.
Crafting Level Requirement[edit | edit source]
The formula for affix level requirement is as follows:
Where Affix Level Value per tier is:
- T1 = 1
- T2 = 3
- T3 = 6
- T4 = 10
- T5 = 14
Instability[edit | edit source]
Instability represents the damage done to an item by crafting on it. Instability affects the chance for the item to fracture and how much damage is done by a damaging fracture.
An item's instability is affected by the following:
- +5: Using an affix shard
- +(2 to 5): Using an affix shard with Glyph of Stability
- +2: Using a Rune of Refinement or Rune of Removal
- +(0 to 2): Using a Rune of Refinement or Rune of Removal with a Glyph of Stability
- Set to between 5 and 15: Using a Rune of Cleansing
- Set to Between 2 and 15: Using a Rune of Cleansing with a Glyph of Stability
Fractures[edit | edit source]
Adding or upgrading and affix or using a Rune of Refinement or Rune of Removal has a chance of fracturing the item. If the item's instability is 0, the chance of fracturing the item is 0%. For non-zero instability the chance to fracture is based on the formula where affix tier level is 1 when using runes.
The chance to fracture is split among the following three types of fracture:
- Minor fracture: The equipment is locked, and can no longer have affixes added to it. The chance of a minor fracture is equal to the fracture chance up to 25%.
- Damaging fracture: All affixes are reduced by 1-5 tiers (if this creates an affix with a tier lower than one, it is removed), and the equipment is locked. The number of tiers reduced increases as the instability on the item increases. The chance of a damaging fracture is equal to the fracture chance - 25, up to 25%.
- Destructive fracture: All affixes are removed, and the equipment is locked. The chance of a damaging fracture is equal to the fracture chance - 50.
Videos[edit | edit source]