Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Player Characters[edit | edit source]
Player characters are characters which are directly controlled by a human player. These characters have unique interactions with other characters and unique Character Stats. Each player character is one of 5 different Classes.
Trading can occur between player characters so long as they are friends. The longer that players have been friends, the more valuable items they will be able to trade.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Non-Player Characters, or NPCs, are characters which are either static or controlled by AI. NPCs can be found while playing through PvE.
Alignment[edit | edit source]
A character's combat alignment is reflective of their reaction to different skills from players or other characters.
- Non-Combative Characters - will not be affected by buffs or damaging skills from any source
- Friendly Characters - Are considered "Allies" to players and their skills. Will be affected by buffs from the player, will be damaged by and deal damage to Hostile Characters and Neutral Hostile Characters.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Characters with the following alignments are considered Enemies.
- Hostile Characters - Are considered "Enemies" to players and their skills. Will be affected by damage dealt from and deal damage to Players, Friendly Characters, and Neutral Hostile Characters but not other Hostile characters
- Neutral Hostile Characters - Are considered "Enemies" to players and their skills. Will be affected by damage dealt from and deal damage to Players, Friendly Characters, and Hostile Characters but not other Neutral Hostile characters
- Barrels - can be damaged by players but no other sources, will not be targeted as enemies.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Some characters may have dialogue, either as a "shout" which is displayed over their head, or as a dialogue window which is opened by interacting with them.
The dialogue window is typically how players will access other functions of an NPC, such as the Store from vendors.
Story Characters[edit | edit source]
Minions[edit | edit source]
Minions are summoned by other characters and are under their summoner's control.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Bosses are tougher Hostile Characters.